Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am
 Kayen
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 am
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 12:03 am 
Contributor

Hey All,

So, I'm introducing some new classes to the mix for funsies, but I don't have nearly the amount of time I used to to play, so I wanted to ask around and get some specific advice on getting the most out of them.

Everyone is in the DS/Solt range of gear with 2.5s, but doesn't necessarily having every item. More importantly, I'm not sure how to maximize usage of items, aa's, abilities etc.

Wizard
How to maximize nuke DPS consistency and/or maximum output?

Ranger
How to maximize ranged dps (bow)?

Monk
Is it just burning through endurance using your ability?

Edit:

Screw it, just looked my group DPS... see image for my rogue doing 10 times the amount of damage. So, Mage/bard etc tips? (Morgar using summon pets and melee).

Join the StormHaven Discord!: https://discord.gg/YwmGDCq

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:37 am 
Contributor

For my 3 mages I would use:
- all available swarm pets from dranik/solteris/fc
- boots clicky
- arms clicky
- innoruuks fingerbone ldon clicky
- always melee because the 3.0 procs even more swarm pets

I found the mage nukes didnt seem to do very much until you manage to get a copy of the ice elementala (300% spell dmg+self snare buff) in FC. The mage robe clicky and the ds/dranik ammo clicky will stack during a burn

For non-boss fights I would always make sure to get the pet buff potion in the chambers from the goblins. It gives +50% melee dmg and if you cast it with the buff shawl on it will last 1 hour 40 mins, it will stack with the robe clicky, but will not stack with the ammo clicky. You can grab a second potion after you cast it and get a good 2+ hours of +50% melee dmg on the pet as long as you dont use the ammo clicky.

I also always made sure to give my pets the mask/belt and summoned bracelets/earrings and stuff for the extra stats (or give them the t1 sod droppable armors)

my bard is always useless in the damage department, the only time I've ever seen decent damage was to use

3.0 epic + legs clicky + arms clicky + bp clicky + seal all together, I would bet if you toss the shaman epic on top of all that it would actually be fairly good, but I never took the time to test it

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2018 3:13 pm 
Contributor

Note: After typing this up I realized that Solaris is not a zone and it is Solteris. It has been awhile :P

I have seen in a long endurance fight, Bummy's mages out dps me between pet and mage.

It is about finding the right combination of stackable disciplines and clickies.

For all melee attack rating is HUGE. Stack as much attack as you can with bard songs, buffs, clickies. The ranger has 2 buffs but brells and spirtual vitality will overide them often. I put those on my block list of buffs

For the ranger:
1st - You want to make sure to keep Ironshot or Solarshot up. It is a short buff but has a damage modfier. IRC it doesn't stack with Bow click, raid armor click or Trueshot line. So only don't use this when not using a disc (again it has been awhile.

2nd - Bowmans rally call (level 74 spell) shoots 4 arrows but it also has a debuff that it puts on the target that last 18-24 seconds. This will increase your damage by 20%?

Archers rally call is a solaris spell and does not share the cooldown of bowmans rally call. it puts a 30% increase to damage for 18-24 seconds. Having the 2 archer rally call rotated properly will increase dps greatly

3rd - make sure to have eyes of the owl (or in your case the buff from the raid armor up at all times)

4th - if you have it - solaris spell headshot is a powerful ability

The epic clicky is really good for dps and the discordant seal (arrow) has a really good clicky that stacked with everything from what I recall.

Fleeting quiver is quite the investment to make but the haste works... and it is GAME CHANGING.

Monk dps - I'm not the best to comment but it is about spamming the endurance skills. Again, stacking discliplines and clickies plus using these abilites will yeild very good results.

Wizard - I wish I knew more about the class pre fc. That said...the bracer from raid armor is what makes this class fun. You get stun for a moment but it is an advanced harvest so you can reclaim mana. raid armor clicks of boots, arms and helm are really good but the pants are too long of a cast time (thou if oom, go for it) and the gloves are not instant cast.

The level 76 zeb spell is good but something makes it no as good. I dont remember if it was twincast buff or with FC spells it wasnt worth being in the rotation

The dreadspire/dranik/fc spell castor staff and epic are very powerful buffs that double your spell damage. They do not stack so alternate using them.

twincast is huge. Once you can get the solaris one you start to see quite a few twincast

Zerker can do good dmg but I dont know the class as well. Not well enough to tell you some combination that make it strong since I have been away for some time.

IF you ever use a shaman. They have a stamina recovery spell from dranik and there group heal from solaris also has a endurance regen componet. These are really nice for monks/rogue and zerker who eats up quite a bit of stamina.

shaman's avatar (from bracer) and might spell are also really good.
Shaman epic is a really good modifier

bard epic and dranik seal are powerful - plus songs to reduce dmg taken, haste, overhaste, attack rating and spell absorb

FInal thoughts. Some classes are just simply better at burst. Wizard is high burst but eventually needs to take time to use bracer to recovery. your dps sample was of 90 seconds. Comparing 3-5 min samples might show some difference.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2018 12:02 pm 
Contributor

Where can I find a good damage parser? I'd like to see where our raid group is for DPS for fights. Any suggestions?

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:44 pm 
Contributor

I use GamParse:
https://gambosoft.eqresource.com/downloads.php

Pretty easy to use. Will show live and historical data.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2018 10:47 pm 
Contributor

This is my input on the monk department. I am no expert at being monk but I've had a successful run boxing 2x monks, shaman, cleric, bard and warrior.

I use a shaman instead of boxing a another monk and I will explain that further below.

I am going to just say what item clicks I use but not go into details about them. These you can test for yourself. Also due to being away for almost 2 years its kind of hard to remember all of them.

Clickable items: Solteris or FC robe, Imbued sash of the mindreaper. Epic 3.0 and fc offhand fist weapon, shaman epic 3.0, bard 3.0. Pretty much just check what you have and what stacks with what.

For this purpose I didn't include burn phase discipline.

Discipline:
Soulfury Discipline, last 30 sec and refresh 2min and Tranquil Transposition bought with (zeb from the void) clonobines. Tranquil last for 30 sec and refresh 30 sec. So I alternate between these 2 discipline on long fights.

Combat Skills:
Flurry of Fiery fist, I believe this is from solteris ability line. Cost 1466 endurance. The reason I use this one rather than the FC same line of spell is because the FC ability cost 3255 endurance which will burn through your endurance to fast and in the long run yield less dps. I spam Flurry of Fiery fist until I go below 10k endurance on my monks.

You may ask, But if u have no endurance how else are you going to dps with the monks?
Well apart from mq2melee auto attacking and flying kicking, this is where the Shaman plays a big part.
Shaman spells used:
Phantasm of renewal, apart from being a group hot it also has a 200 endurance regen per tick.
Invigoration, Increase endurance regen by 300. So together its 500 endurance regen through spells which helps greatly hence providing more dps. I cast invigoration on both my monks and warrior (since warrior also has a spammable flurry ability).
Primal Rage, I cast this on both monks which provides 52% damage modifier with all skill.
I also use shaman to slow if needed.

Here is a small parse of my monks and warrior.

http://prntscr.com/j4l8t2

In the screenshot dps:
monk1 = 54k
monk2 = 49k
warrior = 18.8k

ps: I have completed all content with this 6 up to FC. In FC I killed maybe 1-2 bosses with this group and the rest I either had to add another 6 or change up the group composition or had someone else with me like treebeard or bummy. But for my 6 man Beltron kill I used warrior, cleric, druid, chanter, wiz, wiz. The druid was there cause of the -15% damage mitigation they cast, extra heals and fc pet group heals. Chanter for their mana regen spell. It took along time to kill so my advice is take someone with you.

My other group is warrior, druid, chanter, wizard x3. I've also had similar success with this group if not even better in some cases. If you would like to know how I maximize my wizard dps along with my enchanter please let me know.

I know population is abit low atm but there is usually someone emerging or coming back so my advice is hook up with these people have fun and kill stuff :)

PostPosted: Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am 
Contributor

I stopped after running through Soltaris and not being able to beat MM with 12 toons. Could burn the rest no problem but he is a nasty mf