Kayen
Thu May 10, 2018 7:38 am
Tue Apr 24, 2018 1:03 pm
Fri Apr 13, 2018 6:23 am
 Kayen
Sun Apr 08, 2018 5:58 am
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:38 pm

PostPosted: Sat Jul 21, 2018 1:17 am 

Everyone "in the know" knows the value of the Mage summoned mantles (Aenda's Woven Shawl) for the Spell Focus benefit "Extended Enhancement VI" however it is always a pain to find one and keep one.

Allow me to suggest two things:

IS there no other way to get that focus benefit (or better?) in the game here? I do not know the high level armor and so forth, but it would seem to me to be logical to provide players a means of obtaining this spell focus effect (or its successor) from an ALL/ALL slot 7/8 Augment Gem, which would save players all the time lost hunting one down, saving it, swapping it out just to buff themselves or others.

ALSO that the "minimum duration" be put in line with other spell focus effects? I was a little disappointed that it would not affect my SK's "Vampiric Embrace" combat inates buff (Duration 4.0 minutes), also that it won't improve the duration of my 2.0 minute Cleric's Ward Spells (which are still handicapped by "per hit" down counters, no?)

I'm sure there are good reasons for things being the way they are, and I'm just a nobody returning after being away for three years or thereabouts, but these seem like positive changes for players that aren't (to my knowledge) game breaking or exploitable; just a matter of highly desired convenience.

Thanks for reading =)

PostPosted: Wed Jul 25, 2018 4:03 pm 
Contributor

Later on (Dranik, Solteris and maybe FC?) Shamans get a buff pet that will cast all the main shm buffs as well as a buff enhancement, says 30 secs but lasts until the pet gets done casting the buffs, all of which are MGB style. will make 3hr cleric Aegolism turn to about 11 hours give or take an hour, kinda a PITA to time with ALL buffs from all your different classes but negates the need for the shawl eventually. However you can spam the buff pet until you run out of mana, no CD on it.

*edit* Side note for it is that whatever class is casting the buffs will only get baseline duration, so when I buff my group, my group will get the 11hr cleric buff but the cleric will only get 3ish hours.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 26, 2018 12:45 am 

My greater concern is not getting the shorter duration buffs improved at all.

"Extended Enhancement VI" focus MINIMUM duration is 300 sec, or FIVE minutes...

All the clickies and defensive proc spells this fails to improve accounts for at least four of the classes I play as "main" characters, and it is not like it would break the game since it is well know that all these focus items would exclude "invulnerability" type spells.

/boggle i guess

Thanks for reply

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 12:04 am 
Contributor

From what I recall, it was intentionally left at the minimum duration of 5 minutes because there are tons of custom click effects that generally provide a massive boost to your damage output or reduce the amount of damage you take and if they were to be affected by the extended focus they would become incredibly overpowered.

There was also other shenanigans like equipping it on a ranger and having the trueshot discipline last for like 30 minutes!

PostPosted: Fri Jul 27, 2018 7:30 am 

Hello,

Your reply is very welcome and appreciated, so I do not wish to seem any kind of ungrateful; I simply have not seen what you have here.

Things like Vampiric Embrace for SKs are fairly low level; Cleric and Paladin Defensive Proc Spells lasting 6 minutes instead of 2 are hardly game breaking, since they are governed also by a set number of charges/hits, and can still be improved with casting AA's.

As for Trueshot, there are database settings to exclude combat skills, and I for one have never seen or heard before of spell casting reinforcement AA's or any other "Extended Bene" focus affecting TS, and I had 2 Rangers on live- level 66 and 72.

High level clickies *that* powerful sound broken already.

Thanks for sharing