Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:06 am
Sat Sep 23, 2017 2:01 am
Fri Sep 15, 2017 1:08 pm
Tue Sep 05, 2017 10:53 am
 Kayen
Wed Aug 23, 2017 9:29 pm

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 11:54 am 
Contributor

So I've been reading the forums and wanted some opinions from everyone who's been playing while I was gone as well as Trev and Kayen.

I read the most recent post about the server wipe, and essentially the idea that it is likely NOT the best option to proceed with. However in the discussion the idea of a second server being set up was at-least a HYPOTHETICAL idea.

Is that something that would be worth pursuing? Trev & Kayen you guys have always produce some of the best content in EQEMU and that is just me being honest. I would like to see a revitalization of server population as well as I'm sure many people do here.

I was wondering, would doing a server with a lot of the new tools that have been released, especially over the past few years, make it much easier to shape something you'd all feel happy with? I understand that both of you are exceptionally busy.

I'd be willing to chip in anything that I could do. Whether it be social output or just to donate, or give ideas. Let me know.

PostPosted: Sat May 06, 2017 6:01 pm 
Contributor

A server wipe cause me QUIT where was that even mentioned? I not see any talk about it unless it burried OLD lol.

PostPosted: Sun May 07, 2017 6:53 pm 
Contributor

Fievelzy wrote:
A server wipe cause me QUIT where was that even mentioned? I not see any talk about it unless it burried OLD lol.

From my opinion it seemed ruled out. The forum post was http://epicdawn.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=16&t=3010

PostPosted: Sat May 13, 2017 7:36 pm 
Contributor

I too think a server wipe/reset is a poor idea. If I want to start over, I can easily make a second character on each account and proceed from there.

I do think that a lot of great content is missed by people because it is lower level and people only focus on getting to the highest tier as quickly as possible. Stuff like Seb. There was a lot of thought and work that went into lower content that many people have missed (to their detriment).

Join the StormHaven Discord!: https://discord.gg/YwmGDCq

PostPosted: Sun May 21, 2017 5:28 pm 
Contributor

In the forum post that you linked, you will see that Kayen mentioned that this server would be preserved.

To make a new server work.... it would be revamped, which would take Kayen 6 months to a year assuming IF he had time. As for what the revamp would be; I do not know.

I think the basic idea was to have a boxing limit again. Then there would be changes to various changes to events and the values that they hit for. Also various item, classes, and spell changes.